- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- In Her Shoes
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
GWL’s Production Coordinator, Katie Reid, shares what she loves about GWL and one of her favourite items from the GWL collection for our GWL 25 blog series.
As part of our 25th birthday celebrations we’ll be hosting Flash Fiction Fridays every Friday between Friday 16th September and Friday 16th December on Twitter!
Our Autumn Programme 2016 is now officially launched!
Ahead of launching our Autumn programme we hear from Elizabeth Ford and Brianna Robertson-Kirkland who are recent PhD graduates in music from the University of Glasgow. Elizabeth and Brianna are hosting an incredible day at the library to research and discuss women’s education in the arts in the 18th century on Thursday 8th September, one of the earliest events in our new programme which we launch on 18th August.
The Women and Education in the Long 18th Century workshop aims to bring together researchers and artists who work in this broad but important subject, spanning several topics including gender history, music, theatre, dance, literature, and education. In June, the project seeks proposals of 10 minute presentations, on a range of connected subjects.
Faith and the First World War Conference takes place at University of Glasgow, 21st to 22nd July, and a programme of events to mark the centenary of the Women’s Peace Crusade will take place on 23rd July, here at Glasgow Women’s Library.
Our summer programme is packed full of exciting events, including our ever popular Women’s Heritage Walks, two Women’s Heritage Bike Rides, and our new Women of the Gorbals workshop series where you could help develop a new Women’s Heritage Walk for the Gorbals!
GWL’s summer programme of events, activities, workshops and exhibitions at the library and out and about across Scotland is out now!
Speaking Volumes, a My Bookcase and GWL project for GI 2016 celebrates texts by women recommended by creatives involved in this year’s GI festival of visual arts. Here we share some of the digital recommendations.
See the city in a new light with our Women’s Heritage Walks which are back for Spring!