- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- Open the Door
- In Her Shoes – Hearing Women’s Experiences of Hate Crime
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Voices from the Belvidere
- March of Women
- Women’s Heritage Walks
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Clydeside Women’s Heritage Bike Ride
- Women Making History in West Dunbartonshire
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
May’s book is The Chimes by Anna Smaill, a debut novel that was longlisted for the 2015 Man Booker Prize.
Did you know we’re the only Accredited Museum in the UK dedicated to women’s history? In fact, we’re a multi-award winning Accredited Museum. and in December 2015 we were also designated as a ‘Recognised Collection of National Significance’.
We want to ensure that as many women as possible can benefit from our unique literary events.
Glasgow Women’s Library and award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines launch a new shelf of plays by women
Glasgow Women’s Library and Stellar Quines today unveiled a brand new Drama shelf in Scotland’s only women’s library in celebration of International Women’s Day.
Myrtle Simpson, Professor Dame Sue Black and Horse McDonald included as 2017 ‘Outstanding Women of Scotland’ inductees
Ten Scottish women from the fields of the arts, culture, politics, activism and science have been honoured and inducted into the esteemed Saltire Society ‘Outstanding Women of Scotland’ community at a special event held at Glasgow Women’s Library last night.
Nominations are now open for the ‘Outstanding Women of Scotland’ awards.
Glasgow Women’s Library and Stellar Quines have launched a Play Amnesty to showcase female playwriting talent.
Our Spring Programme 2017 is now officially launched!
Glasgow Women’s Library are working with Adopt an Intern to recruit an Events Coordinator for a part-time, 12 week contract.
We’re delighted to announce the winners of our Bold Types: Scottish Women’s Creative Writing Competition 2016.