- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- In Her Shoes
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
We are extremely excited to have two wonderful additions to our current programme with two fantastic women! Susan Calman and Lindy West launch their new books at GWL.
Check out all the wonderful activities we have at the Library this summer!
Glasgow Women’s Library invites you to come join a new film project for young women!
It’s Black History Month and here at the GWL we’ve got a display celebrating a range of writing by black women. You can enjoy the beautiful words of the late Maya Angelou, or some of the less well-known (but no less brilliant) literary works of Alice Walker. There are also powerful feminist discussions, such as Ain’t […]
Hear the winning Dragon’s Pen entries from 2013 in this free downloadable podcast.
From Teknowomen of Sci Fi to Drama Queens in the March of Women, we have a jam packed calendar this Autumn/Winter.
Right now Glasgow Women’s Library are showcasing a fascinating array of badges for the Badges of Honour project. While this will explore the political and social significance of badge-wearing, it will also tell the more personal stories behind it. There are many reasons why people wear them: to some it is about identity and to others…
Check out what is happening at Glasgow Women’s Library for LGBT History Month in February, including the LGBT Acronym Exhibition and a talk by the Editors of Russian Lesbian Journal, Ostrov.
Our new What’s On guide will be available from the end of January, Take a sneak peek at the guide in full here.
In the thirteenth of our Glasgow Women’s Library podcasts, and to mark our birthday on 21st September 2013 Denise Mina reads her 21 Revolutions piece, Ernest Hemingway’s Third Wife, and talks about her inspiration behind the work.