- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- In Her Shoes
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
Many items in GWL’s museum, archive and library collections also remind us that we can work together to change the world for the better.
Our Spring Programme 2017 is now officially launched!
It’s a new year, and with it a new schedule of exciting and inspiring events here at the Women’s Library. January and February are jam-packed with events and workshops, so why not come along and escape from the dreich and the dull outside with a hot cup of tea, nice biscuit and some good company! […]
In a new post, we recap the events we’ve been holding as part of the Speaking Out project to share and celebrate the history of the Women’s Aid movement in Scotland and let you know about some exciting talks and workshops we have planned for the next few weeks. We’re also after your help in organising events around Scotland in 2017!
Glasgow Women’s Library are working with Adopt an Intern to recruit an Events Coordinator for a part-time, 12 week contract.
Over Christmas, when the turkey and mince pies had settled, I – like many others – came together with my friends and family to show off and play with our new and shiny toys. My boyfriend’s younger brother – an eager gamer – had got lots of new titles for his Xbox and PC and […]
Let’s be honest, everyone loves some encouragement; to be told that you’re doing well. It’s a real morale boost, and at Glasgow Women’s Library we are all thrilled when this happens, so to be recognised for excellence through the winning of awards really does make our day – and has certainly made our year.
In today’s post we share poems written by women during a creative writing workshop with feminist poet Nadine Aisha responding to the Speaking Out exhibition.
In our latest 25th birthday blog, GWL archivist Nicola talks about one of her favourite items from our collections.
We’ve officially entered the cold months of the year. The clocks have changed, the days are darker and here at the library we think it’s the perfect time to come and see what we have to offer.