- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- Open the Door
- In Her Shoes – Hearing Women’s Experiences of Hate Crime
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Voices from the Belvidere
- March of Women
- Women’s Heritage Walks
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Clydeside Women’s Heritage Bike Ride
- Women Making History in West Dunbartonshire
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon joined us at Glasgow Women’s Library last weekend for The Great Get Together Tea Party and Lunch in honour of murdered MP Jo Cox. In partnership with the Scottish Government, the event was just one of thousands taking place across the country that marked one year since Jo was tragically killed.
May’s book for the GWL Digital Book Group was The Chimes by Anna Smaill, a debut novel that was longlisted for the 2015 Man Booker Prize. Anna very kindly agreed to answer some of our questions and our Digital Book Group readers put their heads together and came up with 5 questions to ask the […]
Adele Patrick, our widely admired Lifelong Learning and Creative Development Manager, was awarded an Honorary Doctorate at the GSA graduation on Friday 16 June 2017.
We’re delighted to announce the next title in our Digital Book Group, The Shadow of the Crescent Moon by Fatima Bhutto.
Our Summer Programme 2017 is now available!
“Be curious, be interested and love… your stories and your artwork will flourish.” Val McDermid spoke the final words of Open the Door 2017, bringing this inaugural day-long literary gathering to a close and at the same time beautifully summing up the warm and convivial nature of the discussions and conversations that the events provoked.
May’s book is The Chimes by Anna Smaill, a debut novel that was longlisted for the 2015 Man Booker Prize.
Did you know we’re the only Accredited Museum in the UK dedicated to women’s history? In fact, we’re a multi-award winning Accredited Museum. and in December 2015 we were also designated as a ‘Recognised Collection of National Significance’.
We want to ensure that as many women as possible can benefit from our unique literary events.
Glasgow Women’s Library and award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines launch a new shelf of plays by women
Glasgow Women’s Library and Stellar Quines today unveiled a brand new Drama shelf in Scotland’s only women’s library in celebration of International Women’s Day.