- About Us
- Our Values
- Our History
- Our Team
- Library Staff
- Board of Directors
- The Broader GWL Team
- Sister Organisations
- Working with GWL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Where to find us
- Information for Press
- Explore Our Collections
- The Lending Library
- The Archive Collection
- The Museum Collection
- Reading Ideas
- From the Archive
- Donate books or archive material
- Information for Publishers
- Discover Our Projects
- Open the Door
- In Her Shoes – Hearing Women’s Experiences of Hate Crime
- Speaking Out: Recalling Women’s Aid in Scotland
- Women Make History
- Voices from the Belvidere
- March of Women
- Women’s Heritage Walks
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Clydeside Women’s Heritage Bike Ride
- Women Making History in West Dunbartonshire
- Young Critics
- Seeing Things
- Across Scotland
- Reading Groups
- Past Events & Projects
- 21 Revolutions
- Speaking Volumes
- Sex in the Women’s Library
- What is Sexology?
- Sex Between the Covers: Exhibited Items
- Sex between the covers: The publication
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film
- What Women Talk About When They Talk About Sex
- Sex Between the Covers: Zine Library
- New Writing About Sex in the Women’s Library
- Women Making a Show of Themselves
- Sex in the Women’s Library blog
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Suggested Reading
- Sex in the Women’s Library: The Film Season
- Sexology Playlist: The Soundtrack To Our Season
- Sex in the Women’s Library: Credits and Thanks
- Mixing The Colours
- Pulp Queens: Femmes Fatales and Fragile Frails
- HOUSE WORK CASTLE MILK WOMAN HOUSE
- Artist in Residence for the Women of Glasgow
- Celebrating Commonwealth Women Writing
- Reader in Residence Magi Gibson
- Badges of Honour
- Illuminated Letters
- One Small Step
- Making Space
- Feminist Lines of Flight
- Get Involved
- Find Out What’s On
- Be Inspired
- What GWL can offer your group or organisation
- Venue Hire
- Heritage Walk Audio Tours
- Pioneering Podcasts
In August, GWL Digital Book Group read Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy, winner of the 2016 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature. Here Anuradha answers our reader questions.
Glasgow Women’s Library’s popular Story Café has been shortlisted for the CILIP Libraries Change Lives Award, alongside libraries in Suffolk, Kirklees and Norfolk.
The next book we’re reading as part of our GWL Digital Book Group is Val McDermid’s Northanger Abbey.
Our dynamic group of Community Curators meet regularly and have been learning the ins and outs of museum work from collections care to exhibitions.
The next book we’re reading as part of our GWL Digital Book Group is Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky, the celebrated author of the international bestseller Suite Française.
Be bold and submit your short stories and poems to Scotland’s only free creative writing competition for women. Our theme this year is Body Positive.
Travelling Gallery is a contemporary art space inside a bus, which will tour a new exhibition by Lauren Printy Currie around Scotland.
Transatlantic Literary Women have teamed up with Wheezy Whispers on their first podcast. This first episode will give you an idea of the content of the series, and serve as an introduction to the rest of the podcast.
Our Autumn Programme 2017 is now available!
The next title as part of our GWL Digital Book Group is Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy, winner of the 2016 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature. This is a stark and unflinching novel by a spellbinding storyteller, about religion, love and violence in the modern world.