*Please note this role has now been filled. You can meet our new Front of House volunteers when you visit next!*
Our Front of House team make sure every person who visits us gets a very special welcome, a cup of tea and all the information they need to make the most of what GWL offers.
If you love meeting and talking to people, are a great listener, and would like to encourage more women to borrow books, come to events and get involved in GWL, then this is the role for you.
Here is more information about the role: Front of House Role Descriptor
We are looking for enthusiastic women with a few hours a week to spare, who can commit to volunteering for at least 6 months and who have the following interests, qualities and skills:
- Keenness to contribute to the provision of a warm and welcoming space
- Desire to encourage and support women to discover new things, learn and broaden their horizons.
- A non-judgemental and open minded approach, valuing all women and their perspectives and experiences.
- A courteous, friendly, professional and non-discriminatory attitude
- Flexibility, positivity and a “can do” approach
- Confidence speaking to people in person and on the phone
- Familiarity with computers (email and internet in particular)
- Enthusiasm and willingness to pass on the benefits of getting involved in GWL
- A few hours per week (5 minimum) to offer (we are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30am to 5pm, Thursdays from 9.30am to 7.30pm, and Saturdays from 12pm to 4pm)
We will offer you all the training and support you need to carry out the role, up to £5 a day towards your travel to and from GWL, and lots of appreciation, tea and cake.
If you would like more information about the role please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Gabrielle (email@example.com or 0141 550 2267).
We look forward to hearing from you!